I don’t typically bake. Mostly because I lack talent, patience and skill. Besides that, my taste buds are programmed to think anything coated in sugar tastes good. That said, I got invited to a holiday cookie exchange and began a hunt for an easy (keyword) cookie recipe that would take me minimal time and effort, and one that would look good (presentation matters to me more than you know).
I found a recipe for Lemon Cool Whip Cookies and LOVE how easy it is. Here you go (recipe from AllRecipes.com).
Ingredients (makes 3 dozen)
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 eggs
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Beat together the whipped topping and eggs together. Add the lemon cake mix and continue to mix. Dough will be thick.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls into a bowl of confectioners’ sugar and roll to coat. Place cookies on the prepared baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 8 minutes.
Take pictures, eat, enjoy, do a little happy dance … whatever you have to do in order to enjoy this super simple cookie recipe.