My recommendation when taking two kids on a summer road trip is to:
1. Have their favorite song (on repeat)
2. Pack books and toys to play with
3. Load the car up with snacks
4. Put sunshades on their windows
5. Make mini pit stops along the way
We took the kids on a little road trip this weekend. We were on our way to our family cabin. We had the iPad with movies tucked in my bag but never needed it. The kids didn’t nap but to our surprise they kept themselves busy.
We also took mini stops along the way that really helped. Especially the last stop at Bison Ranch (a colorful spot between Phoenix and Pinetop). We got the kids cookies and cream ice cream; I was just about to grab a table inside when Kelsey said, “Mom it’s nice outside. Let’s eat out there.”