The Easter Bunny is prepping baskets for Easter already. Mostly because he’s crazy busy at work and now has three little baskets to fill. The other day he found these amazing books. Their perfect because our three-year old son needs to learn that bedtime shouldn’t be a 45-minute ordeal. And our six-year old daughter needs to feel empowered to take over the world! So, by the look of things, it appears our Bunny is leaning towards Super Hero baskets this year. Pow!
We wanted to share some of our favorite children’s books with you. These are books that are currently in reading rotation at our house. Kelsey (5 1/2 years) and Colton (almost 3) picked out a few of their favorite books and here is what made the list. I will vouch for these books, they are perfect for their ages and oh-so entertaining.
Kelsey’s book list:
- Gaston by Kelly DiPucchio (my favorite!)
- Zombelina by Kristyn Crow
- The Pigeon Needs a Bath by Mo Williams
- Beautiful Oops by Barney Saltzberg (great life lessons)
- Pinkalicious by Victoria Kann (this is an entire series, she loves every book!)
- Aqualicious (part of the series above)
Can I say something about Colton really fast? When he laughs, he really laughs. You can see his heart and soul in that beautiful smile of his.
Colton’s book list:
- Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson
- Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site by Sherry Rinker
- My Truck is Stuck by Kevin Lewis
- Creepy Carrots by Aaron Reynolds (this book creeps me out but Colton loves it)
- How do Dinosaurs clean their room? by Jane Yolen
- Pete the Cat: I love my white shoes (A must! Both kids loved this one.)
- The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt
- How to Catch a Star by Oliver Jetters (this one isn’t as action-packed as Colton likes, but I really love reading this to him)
I actually just saw that Pharrell Williams has a children’s book titled, Happy. This was/ is Colton’s favorite song so I just bought this one and can’t wait for the kids to read it. Do your kids have books they have to read over and over again? If so, do tell. Santa may be looking for ideas.
I picked up the book, #GIRLBOSS because I was super intrigued and today – while Colton takes his nap – I’m laying by the pool reading it. I’m half way through the book and I love it. It’s sorta unconventional and not writen like your typical ‘go get ’em book, but that’s the point. The author, Sophia Amoruso isn’t your typical gal.
“A #GIRLBOSS is in charge of her own life. She gets what she wants because she works for it.”
The book follows Sophia’s story of starting her own business and all of the hard work it takes to get there. I can’t wait to see where the rest of the book takes us. Get your highlighter out, it’s one of those books filled with motivational quotes and phrases that you’ll want to remember.