We wanted to share some of our favorite children’s books with you. These are books that are currently in reading rotation at our house. Kelsey (5 1/2 years) and Colton (almost 3) picked out a few of their favorite books and here is what made the list. I will vouch for these books, they are perfect for their ages and oh-so entertaining.
Kelsey’s book list:
- Gaston by Kelly DiPucchio (my favorite!)
- Zombelina by Kristyn Crow
- The Pigeon Needs a Bath by Mo Williams
- Beautiful Oops by Barney Saltzberg (great life lessons)
- Pinkalicious by Victoria Kann (this is an entire series, she loves every book!)
- Aqualicious (part of the series above)
Can I say something about Colton really fast? When he laughs, he really laughs. You can see his heart and soul in that beautiful smile of his.
Colton’s book list:
- Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson
- Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site by Sherry Rinker
- My Truck is Stuck by Kevin Lewis
- Creepy Carrots by Aaron Reynolds (this book creeps me out but Colton loves it)
- How do Dinosaurs clean their room? by Jane Yolen
- Pete the Cat: I love my white shoes (A must! Both kids loved this one.)
- The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt
- How to Catch a Star by Oliver Jetters (this one isn’t as action-packed as Colton likes, but I really love reading this to him)
I actually just saw that Pharrell Williams has a children’s book titled, Happy. This was/ is Colton’s favorite song so I just bought this one and can’t wait for the kids to read it. Do your kids have books they have to read over and over again? If so, do tell. Santa may be looking for ideas.