They are done! Even though my husband ate my prototype, I finished making my edible baby shower favors. Here’s how easy it is to duplicate.
Grab the following:
- Pretty paper to match the baby shower theme
- Butterfly Craft Punch (or any other shape)
- Mini gift tags (I choose scalloped Martha Stewart tags)
- Ribbon (thin enough to fit through the label hole)
- Small, clear cellophane bags (baking section of your craft store)
- Sticky double sided tape
- Mini cookies “chippers” (I bought mine, $2.95 for 15)
- Rhinestones (small enough to place on the butterfly or shape)
- Pen to write “thank you”
- Mini hole punch (if your gift tags don’t come already punched)
And you’re off to the races. All you do is stack a tower of mini cookies to see what your height preference is (I bought an assortment of Oatmeal Chocolate Chip, Sugar, Ginger and Dark Chocolate cookies). Then, you twist the cellophane bag before “tying” it with your twine, ribbon and tag.
To make the tags
- Punch out your shape
- Cut your double-sided sticky tape and adhere to your cut-out shape
- Stick the shape to the gift tag
- Punch a mini hole and thread your twine and ribbon through it
- Write “thank you” to make it more personal
- Place a rhinestone anywhere you see fit
How easy was that?
I would recommend a helper to hold the bags while you twist and twine (thanks Grandma). And be sure to eat all of the left over supplies. No one wants to see extra cookies go to waste.