St. Regis is known for a lot of things: signature Butler service, five-star resorts, their unique heritage … and, the Bloody Mary.
After all, it was in The St. Regis New York (circa 1934) where the first Bloody Mary was poured. Deemed too racy a name for the hotel’s guests, it was first called the Red Snapper. Fast forward 79 years and every St. Regis hotel and resort, worldwide, has its own version of the Bloody Mary.
I was looking through the recipes (found here) and I have to say, the Aloha Mary from The St. Regis Princeville Resort and the 7452 Mary from The St. Regis Deer Valley looks delish!
I just might have to give these a whirl. Are you a Bloody Mary fan? If so, flip through the St. Regis Bloody Mary recipes. I think you’ll find some you really enjoy.
ALOHA MARY by The St. Regis Princeville Resort (Kauai, Hawaii)
- Juice of half a lime / 15 ml fresh lime juice
- 10 drops / 30 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch wasabi powder
- 2 drops sriracha
- 2 twists black pepper
- 1/2 tsp / 2.5 g celery salt
- 1 oz / 30 ml premium organic Hawaiian Ocean® Vodka
- 3 oz / 90 ml Clamato® juice
- Kauai guava wood smoked sea salt
- Sea asparagus, for garnish
- 1 lime wedge, for garnish
Combine lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, wasabi powder, sriracha, pepper, celery salt, vodka and Clamato juice in a cocktail shaker. Shake and pour over ice in a Collins glass rimmed with guava wood smoked sea salt. Garnish with local sea asparagus and wedge of lime.
7452 MARY by The St. Regis Deer Valley (Utah)
- 1 oz / 30 ml Vodka 7000’ (High West Distillery)
- 1 dash lemon juice
- 2 oz / 60 ml tomato juice
- 2 pinches black pepper
- 2 pinches celery salt
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper
- Black lava salt
Celery foam for garnishing:
- 48 oz / 1.5 l celery juice
- 24 oz / .5 l green apple juice
- 3 tbsp / 20 g wasabi powder
- 1 tbsp / 6 g salt
- 2 tsp / 4 g Xantana
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1 bunch of parsley leaves picked
Mix first seven ingredients and pour over ice into a stemless chardonnay wineglass rimmed with black lava salt. Blend together remaining ingredients and fine-strain. Garnish with celery foam and serve.
*Recipes courtesy of stregis.com/bloodymary.