As a parent, it’s really hard to do and it truly never feels like enough time. But, the time away from your kids, your spouse (and your stress) will do wonders for your mind.
I took my own advice this weekend. Well, that’s not entirly true. My husband forced me out of the house. I think I was walking around with those crazy-haven’t-slept-in-forever eyes. To which, my husband said, “Go. Shop. Tan. Do whatever you need to do, but don’t come back for at least four hours.” And so, this is what I did.
- I sipped on a latte (by myself) at Nordstrom Cafe
- I found a new lip color at MAC
- I tried on designer dresses and tops (just for fun)
- I visited Forever 21 and thought, “I’m way too old to be in here”
- I walked by Godiva Chocolate (twice) to get the free samples
- I got a Versa Spa sunless tan (don’t judge)
- I stocked up on ivory candles from Pottery Barn
- I peeked into Michael Kors