They say you learn something new every day. Well, yesterday I learned that Santa Fe, New Mexico is a lovely place. A place that is filled with so much history, so much art and surprisingly so much to do. I flew in for a business meeting at La Posada de Santa Fe resort and then toured the Four Seasons Santa Fe resort as well. Both properties were beautiful in their own right.
La Posada sits 2 blocks from the Historic Plaza and within walking distance to the towns great restaurants and shops. If only I had more time explore the sights, I would have gotten better photos than my iPhone images below. But, I will be back. I think I’ll plan a trip there in a few weeks and spend more time seeing the city.
Expect more stories and pictures to come. In the meantime, consider planning a girls getaway to Santa Fe this June (when the Santa Fe Opera is in town). The spas, the dining, the architecture and the art … I promise you won’t be disappointed. Here is what I would do if I had more time:
- Spend the night at La Posada de Santa Fe resort
- Indulge at a spa treatment at Ten Thousand Waves
- Shop and walk the Historic Plaza
- Visit the St. Francis Cathedral Basilica (built in 1886)
- Admire the art that is found along Canyon Road (Santa Fe art district)
- Get tickets to the Santa Fe Opera (June – August, outdoor venue)
- Grab a cocktail at Coyote Café (ask for bartender, Quinn)
- Watch the sunset at Terra Restaurant inside Four Seasons Santa Fe
- Find a way to tour Georgia O’Keeffe’s home
- Hike, relax, shop, drink, dine, repeat
Here are some photos (from my iPhone) of La Posada resort; it’s beautiful.